Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi will reportedly organize the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) exam for the year on February 2020. Students who are interested in pursuing Master’s and Doctoral programmes in various IITs and IISc across India can apply for this exam.
Everything related to GATE 2020 is done through GOAPS
Biotech Candidates planning to take GATE 2020 Exam can select either GATE Biotechnology or GATE Life Sciences.
Validity of GATE is for three years!
Start of GATE Registration through GOAPS : September 3, 2020
Last Date To Register : September 24, 2020
Fee is Rs.750 for SC/ST/PWD and Others Rs.1500
Extended Date for Registration(with late fee) : October 1, 2020
Fee is Rs.1250 for SC/ST/PWD and Others Rs.2000
Admit Card Release Date : January 3, 2020
GATE 2020 Examination : February 1, 2, 8 and 9, 2020
Announcement of Result : March 16, 2020
|Select any Two from below|
GATE exam Schedule (Tentative)
February 01, 2020
- Session 1 09:30 am – 12:30 pm hrs ME, EY, PE, XE, XL
- Session 2 02:30 pm – 05:30 pm hrs ME, AE, MA, PI
February 02, 2020
- Session 3 09:30 am – 12:30 pm hrs CS, MN
- Session 4 02:30 pm – 05:30 pm hrs AG, AR, BT, CH, CY, GG, IN, MT, PH, TF
February 08, 2020
- Session 5 09:30 am – 12:30 pm hrs EC
- Session 6 02:00 pm – 05:30 pm hrs EE
February 09, 2020
- Session 7 09:30 am – 12:30 pm hrs CE
- Session 8 02:00 pm – 05:30 pm hrs CE
Educational Requirement :
Candidates who have completed their final year of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology program or Post-Graduate (M.Sc) degree in any relevant science subject.
List of eligible qualifying examinations for GATE 2020
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering / Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc. / Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five-year integrated B.Sc. / M.Sc. degree and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC / AICTE as equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AM IE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Age : There is no age limit to appear for GATE